I am so excited to be nominated by Parry, at http://parryelwahey.wordpress.com/ for the Versatile Blogger Award today. I am excited because it allows me to nominate other fellow bloggers who deserve the recognition. I was saddened last time to only recommend 15 fellow bloggers. There are just too many talented writers to handpick only 15.
The Versatile Blogger Award Rules:
- 1. Add a picture of the award in your post.
- 2. Thank the award giver.
- 3. Share 7 random facts about you.
- 4. Choose 15 other bloggers to pass the award to and let them know that they’ve been nominated.
Choosing 7 random facts about myself is the hardest part.
- Everyone in my family has nicknames that we go by. My close friends and family call me Christy, although I have been called everything from Christina to Tina. They all make me smile, some people just seem to choose the name they think fits me the best. I pretty much answer to anything now.
- I am desperate to find a deserted island and just disappear for about a month or two or whenever I decide to return. Hehe… I am very serious… it has been calling my name.
- I wish there were ten of me, not being conceited because although I love me, sometimes I don’t like me very much, but so I could help more people, the homeless, abused, widowed, elderly, soldiers, and orphaned. They are everywhere and this is what breaks my heart the most.
- I have 3 brothers and 0 sisters. Two of them are soldiers who help protect our country. I am so proud of them!
- My grandmother NEVER once raised her voice at me my entire life, and she used to babysit me every day after school and some weekends. There were many times I would have deserved it if she had! (Especially when I scrubbed the walls with my tricycle handlebars, after she asked me not to. Yes, she even let me ride indoors!) I think this is where the loving side of me comes from. She would always have sandwiches and sweet tea waiting for the trash truck each week. She was the sweetest person I have ever met and was always my best friend, who had plenty of paint brushes and spackle. She loved me! 🙂
- On the other hand, my other grandmother gave me my first spanking when I was little. She asked me to move out from in front of the TV and I put my hand on my hip and calmly asked her, “What if I don’t?!” After she spanked me, she took me to my other grandmother’s house. I was crying and apologizing, but she wouldn’t change her mind. She told her, “Heeere’s your granddaughter, I will see her next week!” and left me standing on the porch crying. For the rest of my life, I never back-talked her again. She ruled the roost!
- I have too many dogs, most of them abandoned or rescued. I have a beautiful white and brown American Bulldog named Dixie, who thinks she is little and she mamas all the other dogs and cats, a big Black Lab named Tobie Keith (his sister Vegas just passed away), who gets in his drinking water and sits like a cowboy in the old silver tubs, a miniature Jack Russel named John Deere, who thinks he is bigger than the other two dogs and sleeps in the same small pet bed with the cat, and three puppies who are quickly finding a way to my heart before we can find them good homes. I have two cats, Coontail and Garfield, who now hate the dogs! Usually when I’m not online, I’m running around chasing them or breaking up the wrestling ring. It’s like a circus around here. Very frustrating sometimes but who can resist them when they cuddle up next to you?
Now for the fun part! Although I can think of a lot more than 15 fellow bloggers to nominate, I can only choose 15. There are so many of you who I think deserve the award.
- http://diamondthread.blogspot.com/2012/01/have-i-lost-him.html (a great twist to the picture worth your words contest entry)
And again, Steph, Aslan, and Eric, I wanted to nominate you three, as you are my favorites, but I also wanted to nominate some that haven’t received an award yet. Congratulations everyone, I hope you enjoy it!
Thank you Parry!
What a great way to start the new year. Thank you Steph at http://lostupabove.wordpress.com/ for the nomination of The Versatile Blogger Award and Congratulations on your many awards. You definitely deserved every one of them.
For this award you have to do a couple of things as follows:
- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Wow, seven things about myself:
- I enjoy art and photography. It is my passion, although I do not presently have the time to really do either. I am in the process of writing a book and hope to have it published soon.
- I love to hike and I love to shoot. Anywhere in nature is where I want to be. Give me the choice of nature or shopping, my boots come on.
- When I am out and about driving, my children laugh at me because I comment on beautiful trees. (Now they do to. Haha!)
- I ask my children odd questions. Things that can never be answered.
- I drive in my pajamas… a lot. I pray I don’t break down in my pajamas… a lot.
- I used to be strong, in shape. I did sit-ups with the top half of my body hanging off the bed. Keyword- Used to. (I grew up with three brothers and there was a lot of wrestling in the house. Many nights I went to bed exercising and thinking, just wait…I’ll get you, tomorrow.)
- I wish I could tell every US Soldier how proud I am of them and thank them for protecting us.
I hope I am not breaking a rule, but I decided to throw in one extra. I think the best piano player that can truly rock a piano is Elton John. I have only watched one other person come close (not counting Symphony players) and that is Rob Thomas, playing solo, originally from Matchbox 20. Before you say Matchbox 20?, watch his video Bright Lights. He is awesome on the piano.
Now, for the 15 blogs I feel deserve the Versatile Blogger Award:
There are so many others I would like to nominate and I have enjoyed getting to know everyone. Congratulations and I hope you accept the award.
Thank you Stephanie for thinking of me. I would have liked nominating you, Aslan, and Eric, but I figured you all needed a short break. 🙂 Happy New Year!