Did I Cheat In Receiving These Awards?
I went to a fellow blogger’s site today to inform her of a contest that is held weekly and found out she won two new awards. I figured I would congratulate Parry on her many accomplishments, and what did I find?!
Before she even had a chance to message me of my nomination for not one award, but two…I saw my name on her list! You have no idea how excited I was. So many things were going through my mind. How could I win awards and two at the same time?
I was just telling my daughter this morning. on the way to school, I want the Candle Lighter Award. I have always thought it was the prettiest one. Don’t get me wrong, I love them all. The shock of it all, is that I am still thanking others from the last two awards, before the beauty has even worn off, if it ever will. Hasn’t yet! Then, I mysteriously find two more, and one is my favorite. Yay! Thank you Parry!
Did I cheat by finding her list, before she could tell me? Hehe… I’m still smiling!
Parry at Slice Of Life is an extremely talented writer that juggles her writing with exams.
Hats off to you Parry! (Thank you for nominating me. I was in complete shock.)
There are no rules for these awards other than enjoying them.
I would like to nominate Mrs. S
Todd Grady (Soul Influences)
Eitheory (We have a doctor in the house!) 🙂
I am honored to also receive the Lovely Blogger Award from Parry at Slice Of Life
Yes, I am still in shock!
There are also no rules for this award.
I would like to pass it on to Aslan Kanshaw aka Dark Zone.
He can express things that take most of us our entire lifetime to find the right words for.
Truly AMAZING Master Poet! (So are Steph, Eric, and FiveReflections to name a few.)
AHHA!! I DID IT AGAIN!! I just went to Parry’s site and found another award from her!!!! …Before I got her message. LOL
I’m on to you Parry. Hehe
Before I could publish this post, I got another one! My daughter is telling me to calm down. Shush your mouth!! 🙂
Thank you Parry! You are so kind and truly an amazing person. I am honored.
Rules of Acceptance:
- 1. Thank the blogger who presented you with the award.
- 2. Post a photo of the award.
- 3. Share ten things about yourself readers don’t know.
- 4. Choose six people to present this award to.
- 5. Let the six bloggers know they have been awarded.
Ten Things About Me
1. I am taking my daughter for her driving test today. Please pray for me!
2. I can be extremely clumsy sometimes. My children and I can all fall up the stairs. Just last week, we were trying to break up a cat-dog fight. I fell up the stairs, lost my shoe, and hurt my leg, when all of a sudden, my daughter comes to my rescue and lands on top of my back. My head was pushed into the door, my leg was on a brick, and the cat used my daughter’s back as a take-off pad. We were both just stuck there and could not get up. I think I was also on top of the dog. It was crazy!
3. I have two cousins, on my daddy’s side, who must be my twins. We are just alike, act alike, look alike, and think alike. We can sense each other’s trouble, a state away.
4. I went from being a dental assistant to working in the car industry. Complete career switch. I was the manager over 7 locations throughout two states. I had many titles, auditing, training, collections, repossession, hiring/firing, customer service, sales, financing, insurance, service department, and many other areas of the corporate role. I used to hit the alarm clock in the morning and say, “Who’d you get?”, thinking a repo was being called in. I have had car keys thrown at me, I have been called all kind of names, and then there were some who thought I hung the moon. Now, I’m tired! 🙂 Please do not ever mention another car lot to me, as long as I live. Just Kidding! Sort of. I did work my butt off though. It got like Wall Street most days.
5. I hate the corporate life. Some of it was exciting, the traveling, the pay, the company car, the credit card, the technology, the friends at each location, getting away from the day in and day out drama. The part I hated was the micro-managing, the gossip, the jealousy, the threat of company shut down, the long hours, the meetings, the back stabbing, small company jets (with windows that whistle and landing gear that breaks!), never being home, missing out on family and friends, and numerous other things.
6. I have a very, very small tolerance of people who nit pick every time you talk to them. Life is too short.
7. I want a funny mirror, for my home. Anytime, someone is in a bad mood, that’s it! Go to the mirror! I love them!! Cheap entertainment.
8. I found a hawk when I was little, that had a broken wing. We took him home and nursed him back to health, until he could fly away.
9. I had a pet squirrel named Quincy. He would jump from my shoulder to my husband’s when we passed in the hall. He was spoiled rotten. My husband and his mom raised one for 12 years or more, that visited the dentist to have his teeth cleaned. ???
10. An embarrassing moment that my nine-year old cousin, Canaan, will obviously always remember. He still, years later, reminds his mom of it, (she is the cousin I mentioned who is like my twin). I once took my truck through a car wash and I saw my daughter’s flip-flop fly out the back. At that time, she was serious about her flip-flops! You couldn’t borrow them, much less look at them. A five dollar pair of flip-flops! I got out, not thinking the car wash would be slippery. All I was thinking was oh crap, I have to get that, or I am going to hear about it for days. I stepped in with only two things in mind: get the flip-flop and dear God, please don’t let the car wash start up! First step, okay, second step, I SKIED HALF-WAY THROUGH THE CAR WASH! ON ONE FOOT, THE OTHER ONE WAS IN THE AIR! Yeah, soap and wax really do get slimy. When I finally fell, I slid under the bar your tire rides on, cut my foot, cuz I had on durn flip-flops, cut my hand, but I got that flip-flop! I could barely get up. When I finally got up, I wobbled out, my shoe and hers in hand, covered in soap and wax, and bleeding. I was laughing so hard, I was crying and could barely see to drive. The stupid things we do for our children…
Now, for the nominees who I choose to receive the Kreative Blogger Award:
There are so many more who deserve this award! Congratulations to you all. I hope you have a wonderful week!
Posted on January 25, 2012, in Uncategorized and tagged Aslan Kanshaw, Award, Blog, Candle Lighter Award, Kreative Blogger Award, Lovely Blogger Award, Parry, poet, Poetry and Short Stories, short stories, WordPress. Bookmark the permalink. 19 Comments.